Thursday, April 19, 2018

3D Butterfly Card With BIC Markers



Good morning everyone!  Gosh, I am typing this up at 4am.  Could not sleep.  Creative juices flowing.  How many of you guys go through the same thing?  It's crazy and I am very happy that I have a pitcher of iced coffee waiting for me!  LOL

Today I have a card I made for a friend who loves butterflies.  I have made a card like this [here] but I had the idea to make the butterflies 3D and had to get this idea out of my head.  I used Butterflies 1 and 2 from Anthony's Paper Craft again but this time with watercolor paper and BIC markers, which blended beautifully on the paper.  I hope you guys like how this came out as much as I do!

I started by cutting a piece of white cardstock with the large stitched rectangle die from the Stitched Shapes Bundle (Simon Says Stamp).  I placed the cardstock in my Misti, centered Butterflies 2 (Anthony's Paper Craft) on the cardstock, closed the lid and stamped the image several times with London Fog Memento Ink.  This ink might bead up or look blotchy but give it some time to dry and it will look fine.



Next, I placed Butterflies 1 (Anthony's Paper Craft) over the solid stamped image, closed the lid, and then stamped this image using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. 


On a piece of watercolor paper, I stamped Butterflies 1 again and colored the butterflies with my BIC markers.  I love how some of these colors blended.  


I then fussy cut the butterflies using a fine tip scissor by Martha Stewart and then I ran a black N15 Tombow marker around the edge to get rid of the white border.


I adhered the cardstock to a piece of fun foam and then to the card front.  I then adhered all the butterflies making sure I did not glue all the wings down - gives more dimension to the butterflies. Lastly, I added some stickles to parts of the butterflies for some glimmer.    




I hope you enjoyed this card.  Please let me know what you think by leaving a comment below.  I have one more idea festering in my head with this stamp that I hope to have done soon.  Thanks for stopping by the blog and, until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

4 comments:

  1. Which Bic markers did you use - fine point or extra fine point?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Michael. Your friend will love all these pretty butterflies. Love the glimmer of the stickles. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

Make A Tall Giraffe Slimline Card Using An A2 Giraffe Stamp | Technique Junkies | Giraffe Love

  Hello all. I am in love with the new Giraffe Love stamp from Technique Junkies .  It's one of the new stamps in the April 2024 New St...