Monday, February 26, 2018

If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge #88 - Birdhouse Snail Mail Art




Hello everyone!!  A huge thank you to you guys....my blog post the other day with the dictionary page - it has received over 2,300 pages views {so far} and it's because of all of you.  So....thank you so much for all the love!!  

I am back today playing with the If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge Blog.  This week is Challenge #88 and this was the photo inspiration - 


and before you ask, YES, the above photo is an actual, real cookie {HERE}.  I was debating whether to use birds or a birdhouse and, after going through my stash, I found a set called Country (retired) by Art Impressions, which was made as a "snail mail art" set birdhouses and birds.  I have not made any snail mail art for a long time but decided to do a simple envelope that I will fill with a snail mail flip book and some goodies.  And, it's super simple to make.

Hmmm, I don't even know if I can make "snail mail art" for the challenge, but it is thinking outside the box! 

I started with a white envelope and, using Jet Black Archival Ink, I stamped the "TO" image on to the front of the envelope and the "From" image on to the back.  



Then I pulled out my BIC markers and colored in both images.  



I felt the envelope was a bit too stark so I distressed the edges on both sides with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  

Because I plan on using this as an actual envelope and to make sure that the inks do not run if it gets wet, I will rub some MicroGlaze (Judikins) over the images and edges before I mail it.  


And that is pretty much it!!  I told you - simple.  And fun.  I love to see the faces of the ladies at the post office when I decorate an envelope or a box.  This one might put them over the edge.  LOL

I hope you enjoyed this fast idea of mine.  Do you guys make snail mail art?  I would love to know...and see what you make.  Leave a comment below with any links that I can visit.  Until next time....

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

10 comments:

  1. Love this bright and colorful mail art -- and I really like that you decorated the back of the envy as well as the front. Who wouldn't love to find this in their mailbox?
    And yes, the Cookie Challenge is open to mail art, tags, bookmarks, and any other inspired creations. Thanks so much for taking part in our challenge this fortnight. Sandy/DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy. Thanks so much for your comments. Glad you love my little piece of mail art and thank you for letting me know that it's fine for the challenge. Appreciate you stopping by my little blog.

      Delete
  2. I admit, I also love the mail workers reactions when I mail mine as well, lol It's a lot of fun to brighten someone's day, and thank you so much for posting it in my Mail art FB group, much appreciated! Your card is lovely as all your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sandee. Glad you love this piece of mail art as much as I do. Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

      Delete
  3. I can't LOVE this enough !! You work wonders with those markers !! So glad you joined in again at the IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE Challenge !! Can't wait to see what you come up with for future challenges !! Debra Davison / Design Team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Debra!! Glad you love my little piece of mail art as much as I do. Yes, you know I love my markers. LOL

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. WOW! Thanks Jean! Love hearing that from people. Thanks for the comment and for stopping by the blog.

      Delete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...