Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Thinking of You in Pastel with Unity Stamps


Hello all!  I hope everyone had a great Easter or Passover, whichever holiday you celebrated!  I've been on overload.  The bakery in town asked me to make Easter cards for them to sell so I pumped out 25 a week before the holiday. And now I am working on Mother's Day cards and projects to teach.  I need a nap!! LOL

I am in a card swap group on Facebook and one of the card swaps I'm in for May is to make a "thinking of you" card.  I pulled out the "Blossomy Condolences" set by Unity Stamp Co. because the kit has a few nice phrases that would be perfect.  (Also, it's on sale for a whopping $6).  I also decided to use pastel colors so that I can enter this card in two card challenges going on - 



So...let's get started.  I grabbed some white cardstock and cut the large stitched rectangle die from the Bundle of Stitched Shapes set by Simon Says Stamp.  I then stamped the image and one of the phrases (from Blossomy Condolences) using Memento Tuxedo Black and my Misti on to each of the card fronts.   One to use for today's card and the other two for other cards.  I also messed up twice but I will use this for other cards and will show you later on during the week.  



Using the card front that says "Thinking of you today", I colored in the image using pastel copics - RV21 (Light Pink), YG11 (Migonette), Y21 (Buttercup Yellow), Y11 (Pale Yellow), BV00 (Mauve Shadow), B23 (Phthalo Blue) and BG15 (Aqua).


I then adhered this to a top folding A2 card base of white cardstock, adhered a few soft pink sequins to the front and some Crystal stickles to some of the dots.  


That's it.  Done!  Really really easy to make and, I think, a really pretty CAS card.  I'd love to know what you guys think so please feel free to leave a comment below.  I hope you enjoyed this card and...until next time....

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

7 comments:

  1. This is just so lovely!!! I love the sequins accents and your coloring is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this card! It would be fun to make a bunch of these watch TV and color. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pastel colors and I love the flowers on your card! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy. And sounds like you've been very busy with card making!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful all over...the card, the image and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your color combination and how the image and sequins frame the sentiment. The faux stitching really adds nice detail. Thanks for playing with us over at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this card - the layout, the colours and those beautiful pink sequins. Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...