Friday, March 3, 2017

Retro Rubber Challenge 57 - Color My World and The Daily Marker 30 Day Color Challenge


Hello everyone!  I love it when the planets align and I have the opportunity to use a project in more than one place!  Two things happened this week in my favor.  First - the 7th "30 Day Coloring Challenge" started over on The Daily Marker.  I always stress out over these because I really want to do something each day but always fail.  This time I am just going with the flow.  If I make something, fine.  If not, no big deal!!  


And, the current Retro Rubber Challenge - Challenge 57 - is all about color!  I had to use the photo below for inspiration.  


I had two ideas in my head.  One was a vertical card and the other was a horizontal card.  I decided to use an older (like from 2007) stamp by Penny Black called tigress (3817K), which is still being made (YAY), and some Bic Markers in the colors from the inspiration photo.

For the horizontal card I started with an A2 card base of white cardstock.  I then cut another piece of white cardstock, 4" x 5.25", and stamped the image of the twice (yes, I used a stamp positioner).  I then stamped the phrase "Thanks A Bunch" from THIS Dear Lizzy stamp set.  

I then colored the flowers in using Bic Markers - Rambunctious Red, Blue Skies Blue, Key Lime, Hot Aqua, and Yellow Blaze.


I then adhered a piece of white fun foam to the back and then adhered this to the card front.  The last thing I did was to apply some Stickles to each of the flowers using True Blue, Firefly, Xmas Red, and Yellow. 


For the vertical card, I also started with a top folding A2 card base of white cardstock.  I then cut another piece of white cardstock, 4" x 5.25", and stamped the tigress stamp in the lower right side.  I then stamped the phrase "you color my world" by Viva Las Vegas Stamps, next to the flowers.  I colored the flowers with the same Bic Markers, applied the same Stickles to each of the flowers, adhered a piece of white fun foam to the back and adhered this to the card front.

  
That's it!!  I love how these primary colors pop off the card.  Very clean and simple!  I hope you get a chance to check out the 30 Day Coloring Challenge and maybe you can even make a card for the Retro Rubber Card Challenge!  

Until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael

17 comments:

  1. Michael, both your cards are gobsmackingly wonderful! You've taken a bunch of bright colours and made them sing, sing sing! If someone twisted my arm and MADE me choose a favourite, I'd go with your horizontal beauty. I love that you've let those glorious colours breathe in an expanse of white. Thanks so much for joining us at Retro Rubber and I hope to see you here again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! Thank you so much Jan. Reading comments like this puts a huge smile on my face. Glad I had time to play along again!

      Delete
  2. Michael, these are a pair of gorgeous CAS cards, my goodness!!! I think this color challenge was made for this images, love what you did with it.
    I'm in the same boat as Jan, the only difference is that, if someone was twisting my arm to pick a favorite, I would go with the vertical one, all the white space above this delicate flowers looks perfect.
    For someone like me who finds CAS cards so hard to deal with, yours is a perfect example of this style.
    Off to Pinterest to pin this beauties.
    Thank you for sharing your cards at RETRO RUBBER, hope to see you again in the gallery again soon.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG...you and Jan have made my weekend! Thanks for the lovely comments about these cards. Glad I had time to play along again! I missed it.

      Delete
  3. Hi Michael, Very Bright Cheerful Cards! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Michael! It is so great to see you back in the gallery and you did it with absolutely gorgeous cards! I love how you made the flower images just pop off the card in vibrant colors from the photo inspiration. I didn't know about BIC markers - will have to check those out! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber's color inspiration challenge and hope you will join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those line flowers are great and the bright coloring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michael, we have missed seeing your creativity in our gallery, but what a come back!! LOVE both cards but the "you color my world" is my favorite!! Hope you do find the time to continue playing along with Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michael, your cards make me smile! I love the CAS look of your cards. I've never heard of Bic markers, but they are bright colors. You really showcased the color challenge. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, wow, wow! Love the color punches on the white background! Stunning work here!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michael, always great to see you in the Retro Rubber gallery, but these cards are WOWZERS!! I love the punch of colour, beautiful. I am playing along with 30 days of colouring too :) Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michael, seus cartões ficaram lindos! Perfeitos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Incredible use of the colors in a wonderful CAS card! Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love them !!!!! THEY ARE SO SPRING LOOKING WITH THE Color's so clean looking,,just beautiful ,,, ♥ ☺ ♥

    ReplyDelete

Happy (Pizza) Pi Day | Sketch Challenge 19 with Tawny Owl Paperie | Inky Inspriation

Hello everyone and Happy Pi Day.  For many, Pi means 3.14 or 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197.  But, for crazy cardmakers like me, ...