Monday, February 15, 2016

Faux Washi Tape Note Cards with Unity Stamp Co. and Lawn Fawn


Happy Monday everyone.  What a strange weekend.  It was so hot here that it felt like the whole town was sleeping.  Even the dogs were being quiet.  LOL.  I did get a chance to catch up with some friends - Justin, who is really not happy about how cold it is in NY and my friend Laurey who lives up in Toronto and she is REALLY not happy since it's even colder up there.  I will not complain since I got to hit the pool both days this weekend.  

The note cards I made above for today's post were inspired by this card that I found on Pinterest - 


and which is the creation of Christine Drogt.  She posted it to her blog back in 2012 and you can see her original post by clicking HERE!

I loved how she used washi tapes with different colors and patterns as the background and then just die cut through them all.  Seeing this card reminded me that I had a set of rubber stamps of different washi tape designs called "A Little Bit Washi" which is designed by Susan Weckesser for Unity Stamp Co.  So off I went to make these two simple note cards inspired by Christine's card.  I think I did well and I hope you guys do too. 

You can make both of these cards at the same time in under 15 minutes!  I started with two top folding card bases 4" x 8", scored at 4".  Set these aside.

Then cut two pieces of white cardstock 3.75" x 3.75", chose 4 of the washi tape designs, 4 different embossing powders, Versamark ink and a heat gun. 

Using Versamark ink up one of the washi tape designs and stamp it on the left side of the cardstock, cover with an embossing powder, remove excess, and heat set.  Then chose another washi tape design, stamp this next to the first, and emboss with a different color embossing powder.  Continue until the cardstock is covered.  

First washi tape design embossed with Vigorous Violet embossing powder.
Next washi tape design embossed with Ebb Tide embossing powder.
Third washi tape design embossed with Gala Pink embossing powder.
Fourth washi tape design embossed with Marquis Orange embossing powder.
Last washi tape design is the same as the first and I also embossed it
with the Vigorous Violet embossing powder again.

Next, place the "Scripty Hello" die on top of one of the pieces and the "Scripty Thanks" on top of the other, and run them through your die cut machine. Then die cut the words "thanks" and "hello" again but with a piece of black cardstock.   


This is what you will end up with.  The two words that you die cut put aside to use for another project. But the small pieces that are part of each word - YOU NEED TO KEEP!



Now adhere each of the pieces with the washi tape designs to the card fronts you made earlier. Then adhere the two words you cut from the black cardstock to each card front.  Then adhere the small pieces I advised you to keep, inside the words.  


Done!!  I know this post looks long but these cards really are easy to make.  You can even make larger cards using more of the washi tape designs!  Hope you enjoyed the project!! Until next time -

Hugs from Brasil

Michael

Supplies Used and Other Useful Links:
Ebb Tide EP361, Gala Pink EP371, Vigorous Violet EP368, and Marquis Orange EP373
Versamark Ink Pad
Heat Gun
Die Cut Machine (Big Shot, Big Kick, etc.)
Adhesive of choice

Unity Stamp Co. - www.unitystampco.com
Susan Weckesser's Blog - http://mysweetearth.blogspot.ca/
Sparkle N Sprinkle - http://sparklensprinkle.com/
Lawn Fawn - www.lawnfawn.com

7 comments:

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...