Sunday, November 15, 2015

Time To Celebrate Card


Hello everyone!  I hope everyone is making time this weekend to do some fun things. Have you guys started to shop for the holidays yet or are you waiting for the big Black Friday deals?  Yesterday was fun.  We had our friend Elaine in the store teaching a Christmas mini album and box class.  We did this last weekend and will have the same class next weekend again.  Everyone had a great time.

Here is Elaine, the red velvet cupcakes she baked for the class, and her students with their projects -


While she was teaching her class I was working on today's card, which I am making for my brother's birthday.  I've had this clock stamp set (It's About Time) and the matching die (Pocket Watch) both from Impression Obsession for a few months and finally got to use it.  I started with a piece of patterned paper, which I trimmed to 4" x 5.25".  I placed a stencil with numbers on top of the paper, secured it with painter's tape, and applied some transparent embossing paste over the stencil.  When you lift the stencil the paste will look white but will dry clear.  This gives a nice transparent but raised effect on your plain papers.

I made several pieces at the same time and decided to use the piece with the diamond sections on it.

After the paste dried I stamped some of the clock faces on the lower right part of the paper.  To make the watch part, I die the pocket watch out of gold cardstock and then out of black.  Then I embossed the black center of the watch with the Chevron embossing folder (Darice).  I stamped once of the clock faces again and cut that out with a circle punch, which I then distressed a bit with Vintage Photo distress ink.   Glued these pieces to the card front and stuck a gold brad through the center of the watch.  I made an A2 top folding card out of white cardstock, adhered a piece of black cardstock to the card front, then adhered this pattered paper with the clocks to the black cardstock.  Finally, I stamped the phrase, die cut it with a label die, distressed it, applied pop dots under the label and adhered this to the card front.  

Here is a close up of the clock showing all the different elements - the transparent paste, the clock pieces, the embossing folder, etc. 


Well I hope you liked this card.  A bit different for me but was fun to make and I hope my bro likes it.  I am off to make the most of my "time" today and start to clear up boxes of "stuff".  It is time to purge!!  LOL

Have a great rest of the weekend.  Until next time...

Hugs from Brasil -

- Michael

5 comments:

  1. I'm not into Vintage either but you pulled it off well. I love the card!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still love this... card!! It's awesome! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!! I love that number stencil (gotta get one of those!) - your recipient will be very happy! xo

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...