Sunday, May 10, 2015

Can You Case It No. 69 (CYCI) Baby Card


Happy Sunday everyone!!  It's been a busy week for me. I am still working away at that baby album, my allergies have kept me busy grabbing tissues for days now, and Ruy returned from the USA and we have been trying to upload all of the stuff to the website.  And, of course, I am itching to play with all the new Memory Box dies and a stash of new stuff from Reverse Confetti (one of my new favorite companies) - but do not have the time yet.  I cannot wait to start sharing some of my projects using their products!  

But I did find time to make a quick and easy card for this week's CanYouCaseIt? Challenge No. 69.  I finally got to use a mini baby blueprints set from Tim Holtz.  You can make this card in less than 15 minutes.  I swear!!!




I started with dark blue cardstock, 4.25" x 11", folded in half, and used it as a top fold card base. Then I adhered a piece of light blue cardstock 4" x 5.25" to the front.  Then adhered a piece of light blue plaid designer paper 2.5" x 4" to a piece of the same dark blue cardstock as the card base,  2 3/16" x 4" and adhered that to the light blue cardstock.  Then I stamped the "a blessing from above" phrase from a set called Blessing From Above by Gina K. Stamps.  

The final step was to heat emboss the baby onesie image from the Baby Mini Blueprints set by Tim Holtz using Versamark and Black Sparkle Embossing Powder by Ranger. I colored it in with Y08 (Acid Yellow) and G14 (Apple Green) copics, trimmed it and layered it on a piece of the dark blue cardstock and then adhered to the front left side. Then I glued a light blue crystal in each corner of the card.

That's it!!  Really easy.  These would be a really nice baby announcement with all the details on the inside of the card.  
I really hope you enjoyed this card and I hope you can find some time this week to make a card of your own to enter into this week's CanYouCaseIt? Challenge too!  Would love to see what you guys do.    

As always, and until next time - 

Hugs from Brasil!!

- Michael 

4 comments:

  1. Your card is adorable Michael! What a unique way to use the sketch! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute stamp! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Michael:

    I really like that light blue checkered DSP! This card design could be adapted for a girl, boy or in the case of those attending baby showers not knowing the sex of the child, lovely greens or yellows. The word stamp font adds so much to this creation. It sounds like you really enjoyed making this card which, to me, is the whole point of card making to begin with. It's funny but I have friends who have started making cards to save money, got hooked and yell at me now because I'm "costing them a fortune"! I just smile and say "gotcha' ya! LOL

    You did a great job with the sketch and I'm sure everyone will find this a great card to CASE. You have yourself a marvelous Monday and thanks for sharing your creation!

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...