Saturday, January 30, 2016

Stamp Ink Paper Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge - Valentine's Day Cards


Hello everyone.  Sorry it's been some time since my last post but this thing called "life" keeps getting in my way of being creative!!  LOL.  And it's starting to piss me off.  It's taken me 3 days to even get this post done!!  But I am back today to show you an easy card I made for the Stamp Ink Paper Challenge 32 - Tic-Tac-Toe!  I love tic-tac-toe challenges because it gives you so many options to choose from. Here is what the challenge was -


What will you need to make this card

Other than your basic tool kit, you will need an A2 red card base (8.5" x 5.5", scored at 4.25"), a piece of black cardstock (4"x 5.25"), a piece of black fun foam (3 15/16" x 5 3/16"), a piece of patterned valentine paper (3 7/8" x 5 1/8"), the 2nd largest scallop heart die from the Xpress Nesting Dies Scalloped Heart set, the 3rd largest plain heart die from the Xpress Nesting Dies Heart set, {you can use other heart dies but please use dies that will nest within each other}, and the Big Handwritten Love die by Frantic Stamper, a piece of ribbon, red glittered fun foam, and white glittered fun foam. {you can also use glitter paper if you wish}.


How to make the card

1.  Adhere the (a) patterned paper to the black cardstock, (b) the black fun foam to the back of the black cardstock, (c) tie the ribbon around all 3 layers and make a knot or bow, and (d) adhere this all to the card front.  


2.  Using your diecut machine - (a) cut the scallop heart and the word "love" with the red glittered fun foam, and (b) the regular/smaller heart with white glittered fun foam. {Again, you can use glittered paper or cardstock if you wish.}  Note: do NOT throw out the small pieces from the word "love" - you will use them.


3.  Place the "love" die on top of the white plain heart that you cut from the glittered fun foam and diecut with your machine.  


4.  This is what you should have in front of you.


5.  Now glue the large red glittered hear to the card front.

 
6.  Glue the two halves of the white heart to the red heart - leaving room for the word "love".  You can also include the red "love" that you diecut in step 2 if you so want.   


7.  Now glue down the word "love" from the red glittered fun foam that you diecut in Step 2.  If you did this in Step 6, disregard this step.


8.  Finally, take the small pieces from the white "love" that you die cut and glue them down into the sections of the word love.


You're done!!  In order to use the white word "love" that from Step 4, I made another quick card.  This card is 4" square.  I used a different patterned paper and reversed the colors of the two hearts.  The white heart pops better against the red paper and I used the white "love" in the red heart.  Both very easy cards to make!


I hope you guys liked this post.  Please let me know by leaving a comment, follow my blog, friend me on Facebook....until next time...

Hugs from Brasil - 

Michael 

3 comments:

  1. I was thinking about you yesterday and went searching to see if I had missed something. So happy to see this post with such a beautiful card and tutorial. It is just stunning. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Michael and I love your sentiment technique! Thanks for sharing! I totally understand about life getting in the way of doing what you love to do..same here. Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper for our Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael both of your cards are beautiful and the inlaid die cutting is just fabulous. And glittered fun foam? Didn't know there was such a thing but I shall be on the look-out for it! Thanks so much for playing along with my Tic-Tac-Toe challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...