Sunday, December 20, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches #217 Challenge




Hello everyone!!  Today I want to share a card I made for this week's Freshly Made Sketches #217 challenge.  This is actually their last sketch for 2015 and you have until January 4, 2016 to enter one of your own if you so want to.  Here's the sketch that I had to use for inspiration - 

And since I got more happy mail today with some Unity Stamps inside, I decided to use Whispy Prairie for the card sketch.  

I started with the following - (1) a side-folding A2 Kraft card base, (2) a piece of designer scrap paper that I cut with the large stitched rectangle die from "Bundle of Stitched Shapes" by Simon Says Stamp, (3) a piece of black fun foam 4" x 5.25", (4) white cardstock that I cut using the 4th largest die from A2 Matting Basics A Card Creator by Spellbinders, (5) a piece of Kraft cardstock using the horizontal stitched strip from Blueprints 1 by My Favorite Things.


I distressed the edges of the card front and the designer paper with Vintage Photo Distress Ink by Ranger.  Then I adhered the stitched rectangle piece of designer paper to the black fun foam, which I then adhered to the card front.   


Then I stamped the flowers using Vintage Sepia Versafine ink on to the white cardstock. Allowed it to dry and then colored it in a bit using a water brush and some Mini Distress Inks from Ranger (Spun Sugar, Mowed Lawn, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, & Seedless Preserves).  After they dried I went over them with a Clear Wink of Stella Brush Pen to give some shimmer.  


I distressed the edges of the white cardstock with Vintage Photo again and adhered it to the card front.


Lastly I stamped one of the phrases that came with the set - "thanks for listening" - to the piece of Kraft stitched cardstock that I cut earlier and which I trimmed to 3.5"


and adhered it over the flowers in the lower section and added a few crystals on each side.


Done!  Hmmm...it is a bit masculine but I do like it.  I hope you guys do too.  

I hope you will also enter a card of your own in the challenge.  Click HERE for the link again.  Until next time....

Hugs from Brasil - 
~Michael

4 comments:

  1. This is one awesome looking card. Love how you did your design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are gorgeous! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love those flowers - the colors look gorgeous together! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning!! The flowers are gorgeous and your background is perfect. I love the pop of color with the flowers. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...