Wednesday, April 29, 2015

More Mother's Day Inspiration


Hello everyone.  Thanks so much for all the comments and views to my post this past Sunday for the CYCI Mother's Day Inspiration card.  While working on that card, another idea popped into my head - the card above.  This time I used a 3" white art square from Inchie Arts.   I love this product!! It is an artist grade matboard and I love how it stands up to any medium I might be using - dry to wet.  

I StenDoodled the umbrella in the same way as the previous card - traced the umbrella from the Rain stencil with a Copic Multi Liner.  Then went back in with the Slices 6 stencil and then the Doodle It Inchie stencil - all from StencilGirl Products.  Colored it in with my Inktense Watercolor Pencils and a water brush.  The colors do not bleed on the matboard and get absorbed very nicely.  I then applied some Diamond Glaze from Judikins over the umbrella and set it aside to dry.

While it was drying, I stamped the Flowers in Bloom set from Sweet N Sassy several times with black archival ink. Colored them in with Tombow markers and a water brush. Then cut them out.  

When the Diamond Glaze was dry (after a few hours) I inked up the sides with Versamark and the dipped each side into Aged Gold Embossing Enamel from Stampendous and heat set.  I loved how the gold looks against the black cardstock. I then adhere the art square to a piece of 4" x 8" folded black cardstock.  Applied some pop dots to the back of the flowers I cut out and arranged them so they were coming out of the umbrella.  

Then I added a few sequins and cut a piece of white cardstock for the inside of the card.  Then some stickles on the flowers.  Done!  

Here is a look at the card from the side.  You can see the dimension that the card gets when using, not just the pop dots behind the flowers, but an extra layer when you use an art square by Inchie Arts.  


Hope you enjoyed this card.  Please leave feedback and let me know!  Thanks and hugs from Brasil.

~Michael

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and coloring, Michael!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, as always, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Korin! Glad you like what I have done with your designs. Sweet N Sassy Rubber Stamps rock!!

      Delete
  3. Good Morning Michael -
    I have to make a confession. When I first opened your blog and saw the umbrella I thought "why did Michael put bananas in the umbrella?"! Obviously I was still half asleep because after I poured myself a cup of tea and came back to the computer I felt pretty stupid seeing they were flowers. DUH! Brasil has had quite an impact on you. Your colors are always so bright and cheerful. I love bright colors and I think Justin has had an influence on you with sequins. LOL Anyway - I think the card is fabulous. I hope your day is as bright and shiny as your card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!! Too funny Grace. But, I can see bananas now that you mention it. Brasil has had an impact on my colors. But I was never really into the whole grunge look. I need sun to create and colors do that for me too. As for the sequins...well, Justin did have an influence but I did get a smudge and had to cover it up. One sequin led to two..then three. LOL. Thanks for stopping by and glad you like the card!

      Delete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...