Friday, November 21, 2014

"You Mean The World To Me" Card



Hey everyone!  Well, I am back in Brasil.  I had a great two months in NY and will blog a bit about my trip in a few days. Got out just in time as the cold swept down as my plane left.  As much as I loved being back home, it was very hard for me to do much crafting since most of my stuff was here. But now, I can get back into the groove.  

One day when I was hanging at The Ink Pad NYC's best rubber stamp store) - I saw the phrase used in this card and knew I had the stencil to go with it when I got home. This is a VERY simple and easy card to make to show someone you care about just how much you love them - no matter where in the world they may be.

Step by Step:

1.  Cut a piece of dark blue cardstock 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and score in half. This is your card base.  

Cut 2 pieces of cardstock 4" x 5 1/4". Stamp the phrase on the bottom of one piece. Distress the edges of the other piece and adhere to the inside of the card.


2.  Adhere the stencil to the card front with painter's tape.  Make sure you put a piece of tape between the two globes so that you only emboss one of them.  Using black embossing paste and a palette knife, apply the embossing paste over the stencil.  Smooth out, remove excess.  Remove stencil carefully and clean immediately. 



Place embossed piece to the side and allow to dry completely.


3.  Adhere the cardstock to the front of the card.  I also went over the phrase with a clear Wink of Stella brush pen. 


4.  Sign and give to someone special!

Hope you enjoyed this card.  

Hugs from Brasil -

~Michael

Supplies Used:

Phrase - You Mean The World To Me (1170E) by Catslife Press
Dark Blue Cardstock - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" scored in half
White Cardstock - 2 pieces at 4" x 5 1/4"
Vintage Photo Distress Ink and Applicator
Matte Black Embossing Paste by Dreamweaver
Palette Knife
Clear Wink of Stella Brush Pen

7 comments:

  1. Love it, Michael!
    Thanks for incorporating my stencil! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your card. Simple but marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carla. Trying to think this way now but I know it won't last. LOL

      Delete
  3. Love the card! You inspired me to use a globe on one of my cards! Really great greeting too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...I inspired someone? Kewl beans!! Thanks for your comment J.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that stamp and cool stencil.

    ReplyDelete

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - March 2023 - Christmas Fishes

  Hello everyone.  Believe it or not but I have yet to make a holiday card this year (not counting this post) and I've missed making the...